Designing elearning for Health
Delivering education and training in the medical field
eLearning, the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning, is increasingly being used in medical education and learning for healthcare. Our team have successfully developed and delivered a vast range of high quality elearning resources. Take a look at some of our courses below.
Take a look at some of our courses
Rapid advancements in medicine and healthcare delivery changes has increased the demands on educators and healthcare professionals (HCP). HCP often struggle to attend traditional, instructor-centered teaching because it requires time and attention away from the job and patients. They also have unpredictable and long working hours so they struggle to find a course they need that suits their schedule.
On the other hand, educators have logistical hurdles and continuous costs associated with delivering each course at each venue. They must also invest in the development of trainers and bespoke materials.
Watch a preview of our CAR T-Cell Therapy course
The aim of this course was to increase education and awareness of CAR T-Cell therapy, so our client’s staff can hold meaningful conversations where required.
Top 3 benefits of eLearning for health professionals
- Portable: High-quality elearning removes geographical boundaries and time zones. HCPs can study anywhere using any device connected to the internet - even on the go.
- Control: The learner is in control of what they learn and when they learn it. eLearning provides a tailored experience that more closely addresses the user's own specific learning style and goals.
- Resource bank: HCPs can have access to learning resources for months or years after taking a course. Topics can be revisited for further and deeper learning, with a wide range of elearning available at any one time.
Top 3 benefits of eLearning for educators
- Less Expensive: eLearning removes the costs associated with providing than traditional training. There is no longer a need for a trainer, a training centre, and the production/provisions of learning materials.
- Easy to update: Updating courses and alerting the user is invaluable when providing skills for health. New drug releases, treatments, guidelines and regulation changes regularly occur and HCP need to be informed.
- Suits varied learning styles: Achieving learning objectives and accommodating all abilities can be difficult and time-consuming. High quality elearning enables users to have control and develop an optimal environment for learning. This is essential in medical education, especially where clinical staff are involved.
Cancer Awareness course
Watch the video below to see some of our Cancer Awareness course developed for Cancer Focus Northern Ireland.
WHO reported that eLearning for HCP is just as, or even more effective than traditional learning ventures. This can be attributed to the many features that digital learning platforms offer such as videos, audios, text, and realistic simulations. Discussion forums can also recreate the classroom environment of real-life learning programmes.
Our medical communications industry needs to drive the change in learning for healthcare. The next generation of HCP already have elearning skills for health education. They use the internet, mobile phones/tablets, virtual meetings, and social media everyday. Therefore, they will expect elearning to be as accessible, useable, and captivating - everyone will.
Inklab Medical Communications have the people and skills for health elearning development. We are ready to share our experience and education for health elearning success.
Medical Communication Services
Inklab has extensive experience in providing bespoke and synergistic medical communications solutions with the unique added extra of its own in-house digital and instructional design team. We can quickly transform complex medical and scientific content into multiple digital formats for many different target audiences.
Talk to us today about how our medical writing team make your complex information easy to understand for different audiences.